Lunch At Corner Room
* Disclaimer: I was invited to dine as a guest. All opinions are my own.
Our little Instagram brunch club finally has a name and hashtag... #IGBrunchClub! It's taken us longer than it should have to come up with that. Anyway, our last outing was to Corner Room at the Town Hall Hotel in Bethnal Green, and it certainly did not disappoint. The wall with the assortment of lamps is probably photographed to death by diners, but how could I resist?
Before our ordered food even arrived, the chef treated us to a few incredible snacks. I can't choose a favourite between the pork tongue and cheek or the duck hearts.
- Winter leaves + fermented clementine
- Rabbit terrine + piccalilli
- Treacle cured salmon with salt baked beets + belper knolle
And the mains
- Poached cod with Jerusalem artichoke + chanterelles
- Slow cooked oxtail with juniper + smoked marrow
- Braised leek with riseley, autumn truffle + chestnuts
Last but definitely not least, our desserts
- Coffee and blood orange cake + sep ice cream
- Bramley apple with sea salt caramel + anis
- Malt ice cream with candid pumpkin + popcorn
After letting all that excellent food digest a while, we had a good old explore round the charming and quirky Town Hall Hotel. (Oh hey, Teresa!)
A pit stop at Peg + Patriot to try Ally's signature Young Cuban cocktail.
This was the last #IGBrunchClub of 2014, since all of us are spending Christmas abroad. I'm already eagerly anticipating our next feast in the new year.